For you to use and enjoy whilst at Wilson
Every bedroom comes with a bed, desk, wardrobe, cabinet, desk-chair, lamp, fan, laundry basket, telephone, wired internet connection (and decent though not perfect wifi coverage). En-suite rooms have a shower, mirror, sink and toilet wet room, where as standard rooms have a mirror and sink.
Standard Single beds in Wilson are 200 cm x 92 cm (6ft7 x 3ft). We’d suggest brining loose, non-fitted sheets just to be on the safe side.
Kitchens, Washing and Other Facilities
- Large shared kitchens with individual lockable cupboards, and shared fridges and freezer space
- Ovens, microwaves, toaster and kettles are provided
- Shared bathrooms for standard rooms are located (generally) on the basement, first and third floors of every house.
- Large laundry room that you will be given a card to operate the washers and driers with. A wash is £2.20 and the drier is £1.10.
- Ironing boards and irons are available in the laundry room also.
- The bike store is located at the rear of the building in a secure courtyard. D-Locks are advised for locking your bike up with in the store.
- Post is delivered to Reception, and if it fits, is placed in your postbox Monday-Friday. Packages may be collected from Reception during opening hours.
- A vacuum cleaner you can use is stored in the Warden’s office and is available to borrow during the Office Hours.
Someone is always on site – either Reception or the Wardening Team. St Mary’s Security also patrol the building regularly.
Social areasWilson has lots of different social areas to enjoy:
- Social Space, with TV, sofas and table tennis
- Piano Room with a grand piano
- Two Common Rooms with mini TVs and desk and sofa space
- TV Room with a large TV and sofa space
- Games Room with a pool table, table football, TV and sofa space
- Seating area
Post is delivered to the building during the week. Your address is:
Room Number Wilson House
38-76 Sussex Gardens